Help for The Willie Walker Pedigrees Database
The Willie Walker Pedigrees Database is an initiative to collect as many English Setter pedigrees and data as possible to give a good view of the breed, show developments in the breed, and help breeders planning their litters and owners discovering the ancestors of their beloved pets.
You best start working with The Willie Walker Pedigrees Database by browsing the content offered. The important data on The Willie Walker Pedigrees Database is data about our English Setters. You can see the pedigree and detail information for each dog, but you can also find information about the owners or the breeders of the dogs. You can start by either
- exploring the newest entries and latest updates on the Newest Entries page or
- by using our search form from the Search Dogs page to look for specific dogs or
- by browsing with the Browse Dogs page for all dogs available in our database
If you would like to actively contribute to The Willie Walker Pedigrees Database by adding or updating your own dogs or other English Setters you have to register with The Willie Walker Pedigrees Database. You can do so by clicking onto the "Login"-link at the top right.
The Willie Walker Pedigrees Database is focused on dogs, their pedigrees and detail information. To be able to get in touch with breeders or owners of dogs, we also offer some management of breeders and owners.
For all users (including anonymous users) we offer the possibilities
- to browse dogs (by name or land of birth - please keep in mind that land of birth is a new field and the data will need some time to be filled in completely.)
- to browse persons (by name or land)
- to search for dogs by registered name (so-called simple search - available in the top right corner on each screen)
- to do an advanced search allowing to specify particular
criteria for your query
If you are only interested in ancient ancestors, you would specify "Year of Birth" with "before 1900".
If you are interested in direct successors of the dog "Pencloe Dutch Gold" you would choose his name from the list of sires available and perform your query.
If you are interested in the litter of a particular mating, you would specify both parents in the according sire and dam list boxes.
For registered users we moreover offer
- to add new dogs
- to update dogs
- to add new persons (breeders or owners)
- to update persons
- to modify profile data
COI calculation is not supported at the moment, but I promise I will work on a solution - every help and ideas are highly appreciated.